Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What we've been up to...

We have been loving summer...or at least the warm days of summer that we have had so far. We take full advantage of the heat and go to the park, or go to the pool. My Corbin baby turned two on June 30th! We had a couple of little parties for him with just family. On his actual birthday we were in McCall and so we went swimming at the lake, played in the sand and layed out on the dock. I made him a cake and he loved blowing out the candles so much that we had to re-lite them about 4 times. :) He had his 2 year check up recently and his stats are:

weight: 26 lbs 14 oz- 35%
height: 33 3/4 inches - 30%
head: 48 1/2 - 45%

He talks non stop and surprises me daily with new words/sentences that he knows. He is a great big brother to Kinlee, always making sure she has a blanket just like him. He gives her kisses all day long and says "I nice" after every one. He loves balls, as most little boys do. He loves to kick them, throw them, you name it. He also loves bikes but his legs a just a tad too short to actually reach the peddals. He is as curious as they come, and has been since first started crawling. He continues to amaze us with the new ideas he comes up with for climbing on things. He gets into everything, and brushes his teeth about 12 times a day. Which means he better not ever have a cavity...right?! ha. Oh yeah and he loves to wear deoderant and cologne....just like Daddy. You better watch out if you are chewing gum...he notices gum chewers from a mile away. ABC gum? His favorite kind. We love our baby boy and are so glad hes part of our family.

Kinlee is just the sweetest little baby. She smiles all the time now and coos at me all day long. She is the real life baby doll I always wanted and I love every minute of it. She wakes up once a night to eat and then goes right back to sleep. Its amazing. I don't even have to take naps during the day. She doesn't spit up as much as Corbin did as a baby, but she does just randomly throw up all over. The Doctor tells me its just an air bubble...so I'm hoping thats all it is. A harmless air bubble. She doesn't like pacifiers, which I'm thinking will be a really good thing. We always said we'd take Corbins away when he turned 2...well, he turned two 6 days ago and we still can't take it away. I also don't remember Corbin pooping as much as Kinlee does...I feel like all I do is change the girl! She will be 2 months old tomorrow, I can't believe it! We are going to get her ears pierced soon...and couldn't be more excited. I will post pictures of that as soon as we do it :)

In other news...Megan just moved to North Carolina and Corb asks about "Aunt Mimi" daily. We sure will miss her and our weekly...sometimes daily dinners together. We've spent a lot of time together the past 2 years and all we have to say is HURRY BACK you two!! We miss you already! And we are most definltely excited for your wedding in August.

So, all is good in the Christensen household. More updates to come!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Love the picture of the 2 of them sleeping on the bed, and LOVE the big pink flower! Hope you're holding up ok . . . I just wish Kensington would start sleeping through the night! How's your little one sleeping? And btw, I'd love to see some pics of her nursery :) (or did you already post some?)

Megs said...

Well you know I hate missing out on all the fun and have a feeling I'll be dragging Jeremy back to Boise sooner then later. I keep going by the restaurant Mi Mi's Cafe and think about Corby AND we just drove by a place called Mi Mi's Nails. lol I do appreciate all the dinners I got to have at your place and hopefully we can just trade of cooking for our families together down the road. :)