Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spaghetti Carbonara....YUMMY!

Recipe of the week? No...i know i won't post one every week. Of the month? Yeah, maybe. How about it's just a yummy, low fat recipe that even my husband loves! :) I don't have a picture...sorry!

Spaghetti Carbonara

- 3/4 lb linguini pasta
- 1/3 lb pancetta (deli meat section...we just substituted ham since I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!)
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 egg yolks (I used 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 c. pasta water
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 c. shredded parmesan
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh basil leaves

Directions:

Get pasta going in boiling water. Cut pancetta (ham, whatever) into pieces and saute in olive oil; add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 min.

In separate bowl, beat egg yolks (egg whites) and pasta water a LITTLE at a time.

Add pasta to pan with pancetta, then pour egg mixture over pasta and cook over medium high heat, turning pasta to coat evenly.

Add parmesan cheese, pepper & basil leaves and cook until melted and ready. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Megs said...

Yum I want to come to dinner next time you make this. :)

Christine said...

okay yes you can but i just made it last night :)

Rebekah said...

ok, this sounds amazing and i think i will really try it, seriously! Anyways, corbin looed SO cute in his lion costume, and I can't believe you are already 15 weeks along...that is so exciting! I can't wait to hear what you are having:)
love, Rebekah

Emily Judd said...

I have a recipe really similar to this and it's one of my favorites!!! We substitute bacon for the pancetta too. YUMMMMMM