Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oregon Coast Vacation

We took Corbin on his first big road trip last week (may 17th-25th). It was a pretty rough car ride for 7+ hours, but overall he did pretty good! We had a dvd player for him playing Baby Einstein the whole time, which he loved and I was surprised at how much he watched it! We also stopped every couple of hours so he could get out and crawl around. We decided that 7 days was a little long to be in Seaside, OR but we had a blast anyway! It was pretty cold weather (high 50's all week) and everyone who lived there kept saying how nice it was! Next time we will go to a warm beach :) We loved doing these old time photos:

It was hard to get a good pose, but we finally found one we liked! This picture is a little weird color because I had to scan it since we didn't have the disc.

We rented this fun bike one day! Corbin loved it.
Chris and I one night on the beach at sunset. We made a fire on the beach which was a blast, but it was sooo windy the fire only lasted about 45 min.
beautiful sunset!
Corbin's first time one the beach!

and this is at home, playing in his room
We are so glad Corb is such a water baby! He just can't get enough of bath time!

We also went to a fun museum one day and got to look at all kinds of boats and even got to walk through one! We went to the Seaside Aquarium also and fed the seals...they scared Corbin because they were really loud and splashed around a lot. It was pretty cool though because the seals would do tricks for food. We also got to see an octopus up close...those are scary lookin little creatures! The cage was pretty shallow and there wasn't a top! I asked the lady if the octopus could get out if he/she wanted to and the girl said "yeah, if he wanted to he could and I would have to get someone to help me get him back in his cage! he is heavy!" AHH that scared me a little!! The rest of the vacation we just pretty much played in the heated pool and hot tub, no one was brave enough to get in the ocean. It was so nice to get away for a week.

I am so glad it is finally summer!! There is so much more to do when it's warm out. We have a busy few weeks coming up....My 25th birthday is this Friday (a quarter century...man I'm getting old!), I get my wisdom teeth out the weekend after that (yuck)...then Chris's old mission companion and his family are coming to McCall with us the weekend after that, and then we move in to our new house on the 15th of June! So we have a lot keeping us busy for now! Corbin will be 11 months on the 30th....which means he will be a year old in a little over a month!! Time sure flies! I can't believe it has almost been a year. I'm not ready for my boy to grow up! He will be walking any day now. He can stand on his own, he is just not brave enough to take a step yet. But I'm okay with that :) We are all happy and healthy and loving life. Does it get better than this?!

2 comments:

jodie said...

That trip looks like it was a lot of fun. The Oregon coast is one of my favorite places ever...even though it's always cold and windy. :) Good luck with all the fun stuff you have coming up - can't wait to see more pictures!

Rebekah said...

how fun that you got to go on your first family vacation...i love those old fashioned pictures--you look real pretty!