Monday, December 1, 2008

marry me?!

One year ago today Chris and I got engaged! It's hard to believe that only a year ago we were on the beautiful beach in Dana Pt, CA making the best decision of our lives! That day is very special to me...I remember every little detail. Chris was in California for some Insurance schooling and he flew me down to see him 2 out of the 3 weekends he was there. This weekend we stayed at the Ritz-Carlton and it was such an amazing place! We were treated like royalty every time we came and left the hotel. They would say "Good Morning/Evening Mr. and Mrs. Christensen!" I remember thinking it was so amazing that they remembered our names.

The story: I woke up in the morning and Chris took me to breakfast downstairs of the hotel. He had already been up that morning doing what I thought was reading the paper and drinking his famous non-fat white chocolate mocha. (He actually went on a hunt for rose petals and was trying to strategically place the petals outside on the grass below our balcony so that I would look down and see the "marry me" when I woke up) BUT it was really windy that day so the petals kept blowing away. Such a sweet gesture though. So then he decided to go with plan B. He took me on a walk on the beach and on the way back to the hotel we stopped and sat on a bench, and this is when he whipped out the box from his pocket! I remember him telling me how he would always be there to love, protect and provide for me and all of that mushy stuff and then said "okay, lets get this part over with" (lol) He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!! I cried of course, and the rest is history. The day was absolutely perfect and I love remembering how it all happened. He is the best, and he can be so romantic! (he did end up putting the petals on the floor of our hotel room so I saw them when I got out of the shower after all of this happened. so sweet!)


Here are some of our engagement pictures from later that day. (This was also a surprise to me)- He had arranged for a photographer to take our engagement pictures on the same day! What a guy.

I love you Christopher Youis Youezz Christensen!!!

1 comment:

jodie said...

That's such a cute story. And so memorable!!