Thursday, September 11, 2008

so long sweet summer...

I can not believe how fast time flies once you become a mother. Summer is over and reality has started to sink in. My little baby is getting so big! He is now 10 weeks old. Last week he had his 2 month appt. and he weighed in at 12 lbs 12 oz, 24" long (he has grown 5 inches in 2 months!) at this rate he is gonna be an ogre! (Is it sad that I just had to spell check ogre? lol) It was so sad having to watch my baby get shots! He screamed louder then I have ever heard him. So on the way home we stopped at Albertsons and bought some infant Tylenol drops. He was extra fussy that day and so we just gave him the meds every 3 hours to make sure he wasn't in pain. He is such a trooper! And did I mention I am the proud mother of a 9-hour-straight sleeper now? HALLELUJAH! It feels SO good to get a full nights sleep! Corbin smiles all the time now, can hold his head up impressively well, sleeps through the night (insert 5 heel clicks in a row here), loves the water, and is constantly getting loves by mommy and daddy. I play baby Einstein music for him so I am convinced he is getting smarter and smarter by the day. ha. It is only a matter of time before he is playing Mozart himself. Only a matter of time.

We took Corbin to his first BSU game a couple weeks ago! We went with our friends Chad and Megan Mckibben. They have two kids, one of which was born 4 days earlier than our baby. It is baby season I tell ya. Every blog I look at these days has babies, babies and more babies! I love it though. I'm pretty sure everyone I know is pregnant, gonna get pregnant, or had a baby this year. I guess its true...those winter months are COLD! :D Here are some pictures of our bronco spirit!

We later turned Corbin around in the "baby bjorn" for the first time and he LOVED being able to see everything that was going on! I don't know why the top picture stayed up there...but Corbin is on the left and Cohen Mckibben is on the right. Aren't they cute??


2 comments:

Davis Party of 5 said...

Holy cow!!! Corbin is getting big and I havent even met him yet! and yes we will have to get together mommy stuff sound great... get my # from bridgee and we will plan something!!

jodie said...

Aww what cute little boys! You look like you love being a mom!!