Thursday, April 21, 2011

The bad and the ugly....

So I know "downer" posts are not the best ones...but since I am only human and want to remember the good, the bad AND the ugly....here was my day last Tuesday.

730am wakeup. 8 am...finally get up. Make breakfast....finish last nights dishes...quickly pick up the house. Tuesdays (and Thursday's) are always somewhat rushed mornings because Corbin has survival swim lessons downtown at 10:30. I have time to feed and change the kids and barely slap some makeup on my face it feels like. Anyway, this particular morning Corbin was just into everything. I pick up the toys in the living room, he dumps them out again. I pick out his clothes for the day, meanwhile he is messing his room up. "don't lose it" I am telling myself. Finally, running late as usual, we are in the car on the way to lessons. His lessons are at the Grove hotel and on the 5th floor. This is 3 different elevators worth. He likes to push the buttons every time. This is fine most days, but I am already flustered this morning. So I help him out and push one. Melt down. Sweet. Is it bedtime yet?

So during the swim lesson he listens to nothing that his teacher tells him. Mickey wants him to swim, not float. He floats. Corbin tried to climb out of the pool every time he swam to the side (when he decided to stop floating). Mickeyasked if he was just having an "off day". Ummm yes! I then remembered I have a two year old. There are going to be off days. Self, let's get in a better mood. So we leave. I let him push all the buttons back down to the car...life goes on, right?

5 minutes into our drive and corbins window goes down. Then up. Tries to go back down...but Mom locked the windows :) problem solved. I hear wind. Problem not solved....look back...oh cool, THE DOOR IS OPEN!!! My goodness child, so I pull over...yellmat him for touching the handle...."you could have fallen out of the car!" (one of those total Mom moments...he was strapped in his carseat...totally not falling out). Fast forward five more minutes. I look in my rearview mirror expecting to see him watching his movie. Haha. Funny. He is unbuckeled from said carseat and 'getting' his toy back!! I was at a stop light at this point, so I put the car in park and reach back to buckle his butt back in the damn carseat. I pick up his crackers...by the bottom of the bag of course, and they spill everywhere. The light turns green. I am being honked at. Thinking how much I heart my life right about now....I start screaming. Literally. For awhile it felt like. And then I seriously felt a little better. Corbin and sleeping angel baby Kinlee (who is now awake) wonder why their Mom is so crazy. I called chris to vent and surprisingly didn't lose it. I went home and fed the kids lunch and then put them down for a nap. I didn't move off the couch until Chris came home.

Oh my gosh, I have never had a day as bad as that one. Yet, anyway. I love my children...but that.was.a.hard.day. I wondered if I would do it again if I knew what I was getting myself into. Guess what. I would. I wouldn't trade my life for the world. Luckily this week has been so much better. I haven't gone insane yet. Woohoo! Haha. Sorry for the downer post...but I can't have you thinking life is always roses and bliss, now can I?

2 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough time, but I am really glad that you are back in blogland!

Emily Judd said...

love love love this post. I'm so sorry for your rough day. SOOO not fun. But I really think its so important to write these things down because it is fun to laugh about them later. AND its always nice to know I'm not the only one :)